Honda Cars India launches New 2nd Generation Honda Amaze in India
New Honda Amaze has been launched in India with prices starting at Rs. 5.59 lakh for the base petrol and going up to Rs 8.99 lakh for the top-end diesel. We had revealed long back that the company was to reveal the next generation of its subcompact sedan and this is the second generation of the model.
- India – First country to launch the 2nd Generation Honda Amaze
- Introduces Industry First Advanced Diesel CVT in the Indian market
- One Class Above Premium Sedan in terms of Design, Space, Comfort and Drivability
- 3-years Unlimited Km warranty as standard value with all new Amaze
Lucknow, May 16, 2018: Honda Cars India Ltd. (HCIL), leading manufacturer of premium cars, today launched its much awaited All-New 2ndGeneration Honda Amazein the Indian market.Built on an all new platform, the 2nd generation Amaze incorporates Honda’s spirit of innovation in research and development aiming to delight the customers. The car offers One Class Above premium experience with its all new bold design, sophisticated & spacious interior, more efficient powertrain, outstanding driving dynamics, advanced features and safety technologies.
Contact For Honda Amaze in Lucknow - Mr. Luv Kush Gupta - Mob- 7233006014
The all-new Amaze features the First in Industry Diesel CVT Technology in the Indian market, offering powerful and effortless driving experience. This is Honda’s first diesel engine combined with advanced CVT, and India will be the first market to launch this technology.
Speaking on the occasion, MrGaku Nakanishi, President & CEO, Honda Cars India said, “The All New Amaze has been developed keeping the needs and aspirations of Indian customers in mind. It is a big promise from Honda and we are confident that the All New Amaze will become one of the strongest pillar of HCIL business. This model will create new excitement in the segment and will provide us opportunity to expand our business across markets.”
“In line with our commitment to offer latest technologies to the Indian consumers, Amaze comes with advanced Diesel CVT which is Honda’s first such technology in the world and also an industry first in the Indian market,” he added.
The All-New 2nd Generation Honda Amaze has been developed at Honda R&D Asia Pacific Co. Ltd.following extensive market surveys with an aim to exceed the needs and aspirations of Indian customers. India, a key market for Honda globally, is the first country to launch the All-New Amaze.
The model has been developed under the grand concept of ’Amazing Compact Limousine’ represented by its sleek solid design, overwhelming cabin and cargo space within 4 metres and outstanding driving performance with comfortable ride.
Theall-new Amaze features a premium and sensational design. In accordance with its exterior concept of ‘Dauntless Solid’, the aggressive long nose seamlessly integrates with sleek and spacious cabin expressing a premium sedan form.
- Honda’s signature Solid Wing Face
- Headlamp integrated Signature LED Position lights
- Front Fog lamps
- Power adjustable and Power folding ORVM with LED turn indicators
- Shark Fin Antenna
- Multi Spoke Stylish R15 Alloy Wheel
- Premium Rear Combi Lamps
The Amaze interiors are designed to achieve comfort beyond its class. The 2nd generation Amaze even surpasses the highly spacious cabin of the previous model, especiallyfor the rear seat, providing a more comfortable ride and a premium feeling. The car offers a host of equipment for comfort, convenience and entertainment for the Indian customers.
- Aesthetically designed instrument panel
- Multi-functional Steering wheel with audio, voice command, hands free and cruise control
- White illumination meter design for high readability and premium feel with Advanced Multi Information Display
- 1st in segment F1 inspired Paddle Shift (for Petrol CVT)
- Cruise Control
- Auto AC
- Honda’s Smart Entry System with touch sensor based unlock system
- 17.7cm Advanced Touchscreen Infotainment with Audio, Video and Navigation system – Digipad 2.0 with Blue Tooth Audio, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ and rear camera display
- Smart Cabin Storage in front & rear doors and central console
- Rear Armrest with cupholders
- Push Button Start/ Stop with Welcome illumination
- Tilt Steering
- Driver Seat Height Adjust
The All New Amaze adopts the best of Honda’s powertrains to achieve a perfect balance of performance and fuel economy.
As per test data
1.2L i-VTEC (Petrol)
110 Nm @ 4800 rpm
MT – 19.5 kmpl
CVT – 19.0 kmpl
1.5L i-DTEC (Diesel)
200 Nm @1750rpm
MT – 27.4 kmpl
CVT – 23.8 kmpl
This is the first time that Honda is using a CVT with a diesel engine. The CVT is highlycompatible with the wide torque band of the diesel engine to offer fun and sporty driving. It also offers better, smoother, and more linear acceleration and greater shift control.
The all new Honda Amaze is longer and wider to provide class above passenger space. It measures 3995 mm (5 mm longer than its predecessor) and 1695 mm in width (15 mm wider). With its wheelbase of 2470mm (65mm more than its predecessor), efficient use of space has been made for both driver and occupants to create a spacious cabin interior. The Amaze has segment best trunk capacity of 420L which is 20L more than the outgoing model.
Key specification of All New Amaze
*Minimum ground clearance mentioned is in unloaded condition
The All New Amaze offers outstanding stability and ride comfort which has been achieved with the extended wheelbase, new steering system and advanced suspension system.
- Mac-Pherson strut front suspension.
- Torsion beam rear suspension
The Collision performance in a front, rear,or side collision has been furtherenhanced by the new ACEbody structure.
The All New Amaze offers top class Noise Vibration performance which was has been achieved by:
- Improved overall soundproof package
- Reduction in engine sound radiation
- Newly developed engine block
- Optimisation of engine mount design
- Changing of Engine Head cover material
The All New Amaze is equipped with a wide range of Honda’s active and passive safety technologies, which are offered as standard equipment across all variants.
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACETM) Body Structure
- Dual SRS front airbags
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Impact mitigating front head rest
- 3-Point ELR Seat Belt Pretentioner with Load Limiter
- ISO FIXChild Seat Anchorage
- Pedestrian injury mitigation technology
- Rear Parking Sensors
- Head impact protection interior
- Driver's seat belt reminder
GRADE AND COLOUR
The All New 2nd Generation Honda Amaze is available in 4 grades offered in petrol and diesel variants – E, S, V and VX with Manual Transmission. Additionally, the model is also available in CVT in S and V variants in both fuel options.
The Amaze is available in a choice of 5 exterior colours - Radiant Red Metallic (new introduction), Lunar Silver Metallic, Modern Steel Metallic, Golden Brown Metallic and White Orchid Pearl.
Sales, Service and Warranty
Deliveries of the All New Honda Amaze will begin immediately from the HCIL dealer network of 353 facilities in 241 cities across the country. The All New Honda Amaze will offer complete peace of mind with its best in class warranty and Low Cost of Maintenance.
- 3 years / Unlimited Kilometers warranty as standard
- Extended Warranty for additional two years / Unlimited kilometers
- Service interval of 1 year/ 10,000km whichever is earlier
- Low cost of maintenance: 3-year Annual Maintenance Package with an average cost of Rs 3500 for Petrol and Rs 4900 for Diesel per year.
About Honda Amaze
The First Generation Honda Amaze was introduced in the year 2013 and marked Honda’s entry into the compact sedan segment in India. Amaze was the first diesel model introduced by HCIL in the Indian market. Since its introduction in 2013, the Amaze has gained popularity as a premium family sedan from Honda and has sold 2.57 lakh units so far. The car has helped Honda consolidate its position in the Indian car market, with the aim to be the most trusted car manufacturer in India. The car embodies the best of Honda’s technologies, delivering fun, agile and effortless driving with best in class fuel-efficiency, spaciousness & safety.
About Honda Cars India Ltd
Honda Cars India Ltd., (HCIL) leading manufacturer of premium cars in India was established in December 1995 with a commitment to provide Honda’s latest passenger car models and technologies, to the Indian customers. HCIL has two state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities at Greater Noida, U.P and Tapukara, Distt. Alwar, Rajasthan.
The company’s product range includes Honda Brio, Honda Jazz, Honda Amaze, Honda City, Honda WR-V, Honda BR-V and Honda CR-V – which are manufactured in India. The Accord Hybrid is being sold as a CBU imported from Thailand. Honda’s models are strongly associated with advanced design and technology, apart from its established qualities of durability, reliability and fuel-efficiency. The company has a strong sales and distribution network with 353 facilities in 241 cities across spread across the country.
For further information, please contact:
Saba Khan / Vivek Anand Singh Dheeraj Rai / Akansha Verma
Honda Cars India Limited Perfect Relations
0120- 2341313 011 - 46667666